Auto import trades from Bitfinex (Cryptocurrency)
In this post, we will explore how to pair your TradesViz account with Bitfinex.
Once you select your trading account and broker as "Bitfinex" in the trade auto-import page, a popup box will appear when you click on the "Connect account" button.
The purpose of this blog post is to guide you to get this API code from the Bitfinex website. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log into your Bitfinexaccount
- Click on "API" from your Profile icon dropdown menu on the top right or visit https://setting.bitfinex.com/api
- Click on "Create new key"
- Make sure to select "Read-only" in the permissions box for Account history, orders, and wallets.
- Label your key and click on "Generate API key" at the bottom right.
- You will receive an email from Bitfinex asking for confirmation - click on "Create API key" in the email.
- After the above step, you will be redirected to a Bitfinex page where you will see your API key and API key secret.
- Enter the API key and the API secret key in the TradesViz connection page where you see the box above and click "Connect"
More info on getting keys from Bitfinex: https://support.bitfinex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003363429-How-to-create-and-revoke-a-Bitfinex-API-Key
Note: This connection only gives us READ-ONLY permission to your account to access your orders/trades. We do not have any other permissions. We do NOT have any trading/transfer of coins/assets permissions.
That's it! At the moment, we only support <crypto>USD/CURRENCY-type spot transactions. We are working towards more crypto integrations and supporting the full crypto environment.
You will now be able to enter trades like BTCUSDT, ETHUSDT, etc., in your TradesViz.com account and it will be tagged as Cryptocurrency and you will also be able to see charts for it.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the Bitfinex auto-sync integration and also about our general Crypto asset type addition to TradesViz!