Auto import trades from dYdX (Cryptocurrency)
In this post, we will explore how to pair your TradesViz account with dYdX - a decentralized crypto exchange. This post assumes that you have read the basics about auto importing in TradesViz.
Once you select your trading account and broker as "dYdX" (both paper/demo and live accounts are supported) in the trade auto-import page, a popup box will appear when you click on the "Connect account" button.
The purpose of this blog post is to guide you to get this API code from the dYdX website. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log into your dYdX account (https://trade.stage.dydx.exchange/)
- Connect your wallet
- Right-click anywhere on the website and click "Inspect element" or press Ctrl+Shift+J to open the developer console (Note: This guide is for Chrome only. If you are using another browser, please use chrome for this and the few steps below)
- Navigate to the "Applications" tab
- In the new tab that appears,
- Click on https://...dydx.exchange entry under "Local storage"
- Search for "key" in the search box at the top
- Click on "API_KEY_PAIRS" in the key list
- At the bottom of the page, click on the small arrow to expand the details and make note of the "key", "passphrase" and "secret" values
- Enter the "key" in API/Public key, "passphrase" in API passphrase and "secret" in Secret/Private key in the TradesViz connection page where you see the box above and click "Connect"
Note: This connection only gives us READ-ONLY permission to your account to access your orders/trades. We do not have any other permissions. We do NOT have any trading/transfer of coins/assets permissions.
That's it! Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the dYdX auto-sync integration by sending us an email at [email protected].