How to create a trading edge
Trading is difficult. There is no way to sugarcoat it. It's a game where the odds are stacked against you.
But how do people still make money in this difficult field? They each have their own trading edge. It's an advantage that sets them apart from the rest of the competition and drastically improves their odds of winning.
How can a beginner find their trading edge? It's hard - but doable. The best chance of beating/improving the odds you have is to use your own trading data to find holes in your trading system and keep pushing it towards positive expectancy through repeated revisions.
We at TradesViz collaborated with ChartLearning to create a detailed post on how to find your own trading edge with TradesViz.
You can read more about it here:
Here's a short excerpt from the article:
There could be a million reasons why you lose a trade. But how the real question is how do you stop making those losing trades?
Here is the analysis you need to do to figure out why you keep losing:
- What times are you best at trading? Market open? Market close?
- What size do you feel comfortable trading with?
- What asset types are you good at? Options? Stocks? Futures?
- Are you good at swing trades? Or short intraday scalps?
- Going long? Going short? What’s your winning percentage for these trades?
- Do the market conditions (like RSI/ATR of popular indices) affect your win rate?
Sounds complex? It’s not. Analyzing your trades and system can be done via hand or various software out there. This article will walk you through how to do this.
We hope this article serves as a useful stepping stone in your journey to success and consistency in your trading.
If you have any questions about how you can use the methods and tools available in TradesViz to augment your own trading, you can contact us at [email protected]