Auto import from TD Ameritrade
In this post, we will explore how to pair your TradesViz account with TD-Ameritrade. This post assumes that you have read the basics about auto importing in TradesViz.
Once you select your trading account and broker as "TD Ameritrade" in the trade auto-import page, a popup box will appear with 1 text field.
The purpose of this blog post is to guide you to get this ID from the TD-A website. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on the link in the instructions in the popup box shown in the picture above.
- This will redirect you to a secure TD-Ae webpage where you need to enter your credentials to authenticate that you are the user of the TD-A account. Note that we have no access to any information in the subsequent pages after you click on the link in the instructions - all actions are done via TD-A's secure pages. You can check the URL in the browser to verify this.
- Fill in your information, follow the security checkups (one-time-password authentication), and finally, you will arrive at a window that asks for your confirmation on whether you give us read-only access to your account's orders and executions.
- Click on "Allow" and you will now be redirected to a TradesViz.com page where you will have to copy a code and paste it in the popup box shown as the first image in this blog post.
- Once you return to the tradesviz.com's import page, click on the "Auto-import trades" tab, follow the same instructions of selecting the trading account and brokerage platform (TD-A) and now paste the code in the text field.
Finally, click "Connect" and in a few seconds, you should receive a connection successful message which means the linking was successful. If not, please contact us at [email protected]
Note that this access read-only to the information shown in step 3. We have no control over your account and cannot access ANY information other than what is given to us from TD Ameritrade.