Auto import from TD Ameritrade
In this post, we will explore how to pair your TradesViz account with Interactive Brokers. This post assumes that you have read the basics about auto importing in TradesViz.
Once you select your trading account and broker as "TD Ameritrade" in the trade auto-import page, a popup box will appear with 1 text field.
The purpose of this blog post is to guide you to get this ID from the TD-A website. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on the link in the instructions in the popup box shown in the picture above.
- This will redirect you to a secure TD-Ae webpage where you need to enter your credentials to authenticate that you are the user of the TD-A account. Note that we have no access to any information in the subsequent pages after you click on the link in the instructions - all actions are done via TD-A's secure pages. You can check the URL in the browser to verify this.
- Fill in your information, follow the security checkups (one-time-password authentication), and finally, you will arrive at a window that asks for your confirmation on whether you give us read-only access to your account's orders and executions.
- Click on "Allow" and you will now be redirected to a TradesViz.com page where you will have to copy a code and paste it in the popup box shown as the first image in this blog post.
- Once you return to the tradesviz.com's import page, click on the "Auto-import trades" tab, follow the same instructions of selecting the trading account and brokerage platform (TD-A) and now paste the code in the text field.
Finally, click "Connect" and in a few seconds, you should receive a connection successful message which means the linking was successful. If not, please contact us at [email protected]
Note that this access read-only to the information shown in step 3. We have no control over your account and cannot access ANY information other than what is given to us from TD Ameritrade.