Real time trade journaling (auto-sync) with NinjaTrader!
We have introduced auto-sync features for many brokers/platforms and as we continue to lead the push to complete trade journaling automation, with this feature, we are getting very close to it!
Thousands of traders using NinjaTrader to trade futures, stocks can now automatically sync their trades in real-time to their TradesViz journal! No need to pay any extra for indicators! No extra charges!
Let's dive in and see how you can do this in this blog post.
Download and install the auto-sync indicator from this link (free) (Note: Only tested for NinjaTrader 8)
- To install the indicator, click on the "Tools" option in the menu bar in the NinjaTrader command center and click on "Import" and then "NinjaScript Add-On".
- Now, navigate to the ZIP file you just downloaded from the link above and click open.
- After the import was successful, go to any chart where you are executing trades and click on the "Indicators" icon at the top.
- Now select "TradesViz_AutoSyncTrades" indicator and click "add" at the bottom. Make sure to select your NinjaTrader account (AccountName), TradesViz primary email (TradesVizEmail), and your account secret key correctly. You can find your account secret key in your settings page (tradesviz.com/accounts/settings) Finally, uncheck the "Visible" option so that this indicator won't take up any space in your chart at the bottom and click "Apply" - you are all set!
- Now as you execute trades in the chart, your executions will be synced live to your TradesViz journal. You can even check this by inspecting the NinjaScript Output window.
- To open the NinjaScript Output window, go over to the NinjaTrader command center and click on "New" in the menu bar at the top and click on "NinjaScript Output".
- You should see an empty box appear now. Whenever you execute a trade, you will see the trade logged in this box. If you see any errors, you can contact us for help.
That's it! You can check your journal after you have done trading - all your trades should be there and ready for you to add notes, tags, and analyze them!
Some important notes:
- The indicator only has access to your execution data. The data is sent directly to our servers safely and is authenticated via your email and account secret key.
- By default, the TradesViz system will search among your TradesViz accounts for an account with the same name as the account you have selected in the Indicator settings and add your trades to that account. If such an account does not exist in your TradesViz account, it will simply add the trades to the first trading account (alphabetically).
- At the moment, only futures and stocks are supported.
- If you do not want the system to use NinjaTrader's commissions, uncheck the "UseNinjaTraderCommissions" box in the Indicator settings
- If you have multiple charts open, make sure that the indicator is only added to 1 chart
With this feature, we hope to give all NinjaTrader users have a solid trading journaling with the best features available at the moment compared to any other competitors!
If you have any feedback for us or would like us to add any features, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected]