Auto import from Interactive Brokers
In this post, we will explore how to pair your TradesViz account with Interactive Brokers. This post assumes that you have read the basics about auto importing in TradesViz.
Once you select your trading account and broker as "Interactive brokers" in the trade auto-import page, a popup box will appear with 2 text fields.
The purpose of this blog post is to guide you to get these 2 ID's from the IBKR website. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log into IBKR website: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/sso/Login
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines icon (hamburger icon) on the top left and click on "Account settings" under the "Settings" menu.
Note: If you don't see the hamburger icon, click on the user icon on the top right corner and select "Manage Account"
- Scroll down and on the right-hand side, under a section called "Reporting" click on the gear icon next to the "Flex web service" option.
- In the popup that appears, check the "Flex web service status box and note down the "Curren token" number. This is the token that we are going to fill in the TradesViz popup shown in the first image in this post. After you have noted down the number, click "Save".
- Again, click on the 3 horizontal lines icon (hamburger icon) on the top left and click on "Reports/Tax docs"
- Next, click on "Flex queries" in the tabs under the "Report" heading and click on the '+' icon on the right end of the "Activity flex query" title.
- On the next page, enter the query name (this can be something like "TradesViz auto import") and in the sections below, select "Trades"
- and in the popup that appears, make sure "Executions" is ticked and "Select all" is ticked, and then uncheck the following options:
- Serial Number,
- Delivery Type
- Commodity Type
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Save"
- Finally, under the "Delivery configuration" section, click on the "Period" dropdown and select "Last 365 days" (for the first sync - if you are just starting out, you can use a lower range. Note: Do not use "Last <PERIOD>" where PERIOD is Quarter, year, month, week - use only days!". Leave all other following options as default and click "Continue".
- The next page displays a summary of all the options you've set so far - so just click on "Create" at the bottom right corner of the page. This will successfully create a flex query.
- As a final step, go back to the Flex queries tab and click on the pencil icon next to the flex query you just created. This will open a new page with the Query ID. This is the flex query id that we are going to enter in the second box in the TradesViz popup shown in the first image of this blog post.
- Now, all we have to do is to get the 2 IDs required to link with TradesViz.
Finally, enter the 2 IDs you got from step 4 and step 12 into the box in TradesViz and click "Connect". In a few seconds, you should receive a connection successful message which means the linking was successful. If not, please contact us at [email protected]
Note that flex queries in Interactive Brokers give only read-only access to the information selected in steps 7 and 8. We have no control over your account and cannot access ANY information other than what is given to us from Interactive Brokers.